Sunday, December 15, 2013

Revisionland Over Finals Week


I really should continue studying for my final, which is tomorrow evening, but no, my novel is calling my name from my Google Docs.

 I am much more compelled to refine my first 11 chapters than stuff facts about pepsin and the ratio of gut bacteria to the rest of the human body into my mushy memory.

I've been very burnt out this semester. I'm trying not to make this blog post a rant. Just want to say typing and revising draft #2 of my novel is a lot more fun than applying myself to austere academics, and I am very, very apathetic about finals. I haven't had a proper rest from school in an extremely long time (my past 3 summers were dominated by summer classes), and I'm intellectually worn out. I just hope my winter holiday break in Asia (Tokyo and Taipei! I'm so excited!) will provide the much-needed rejuvenation my mind and body needs. And, of course, I'll be typing up draft #2 and revising along the way. As I said in an email I sent to my creative writing class yesterday, Scarlett and Jude have dominated (pun intended) my life for the past 5-6 months, and they won't leave me alone any time soon. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Their presence in my life is made much more bearable by the incredibly giddy fact that I have willing beta readers. They make me very, very happy, a much-needed injection of holiday cheer for me. :)

I credit author Erin Morgenstern for coining the name "Revisionland."

No comments:

Post a Comment