Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February Issue of Underneath the Juniper Tree

The February issue of Underneath the Juniper Tree just came out! This is my first time being published in the magazine, which focuses on child-friendly macabre literature (one of my favorite types of literature, hehe!). I did not write (but I will, in the future!), but illustrated for a story titled Hannah, Gregory, and the Gingerbread Castle by C.E. Hyun, who I recommend you check out, as she writes lovely fairy-tale inspired short stories and has been published in other magazines, such as BFS Journal and The Red Penny Papers.


My illustration for C.E. Hyun's Hannah, Gregory and the Gingerbread Castle


And I highly recommend that you check out the rest of the magazine, too! Just look at the heartwarming cover.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, thanks for the blog mention. :) And thanks for the lovely art. I loved how you depicted the kids as little dolls with button eyes (totally reminded me of Coraline, one of my favorite movies!). Hope to see more of your work in the future, and totally jealous you're enjoying school in the Bay Area (love San Francisco!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob! I bet you can tell Coraline is one of my favorite movies too <3

      Likewise! I'd love to see more of your work as well :)

      Delete