Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Writing Tip #1: Write Everyday!

Every writer has his or her own way of staying motivated about writing. For me, it's to keep on writing every single day, and to write down my progress everyday as well. Ever since I finished writing draft #1 of my novel, I've kept track of what I have been doing everyday when working on draft #2.
My progress log

I also wrote down dates in the margins when I was writing draft #1 in my notebook.

In the margin, it says "Day 129, 1/4/11, Wednesday"

So, to summarize my post, one tip I've learned to keep myself chipping away at my novel is to write everyday, no matter how small the effort is. As long as some progress is made every 24 hours, progress is progress (though, I must add, it's a lot more satisfying if you can break up a one-sentence-a-day rut and write more than one page at least every few days!).

No comments:

Post a Comment