Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Adventures So Far...

Yes, I have been absent due to a lovely family vacation in Alaska and Canada. I just love the beauty of northern wildlife and scenery, and the Hubbard Glacier was spectacular!






Some bullet points:


  • Revising a third draft is harder than I thought it would be! There are just so many minute details to clean up, take out, add in, create from scratch, and all that jazz. It's harder to find adequate time to sit down and spend several hours chipping huge chunks from my to-do-for-novel list because...
  • I'm back at Cal for an 8-week calculus class that doesn't end until August. After that, I have about two weeks left of summer. Ick.
  • I got to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I love the book, and I enjoyed the film very much, though I was disappointed with the changes made for the film. But overall, it was wonderful to treat myself to the film on opening day after a calculus quiz.
  • Hopefully I can restart the Writer of the Week feature next week. I have some new authors lined up now!

Well, time to get back to calculus. In the meantime, here is a music trailer for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter with one of Linkin Park's newest songs "Powerless." I was seriously addicted to this trailer and song for a while, and more than a week later, the song is still stuck in my head. This trailer was what convinced me that the film adaption would be worth checking out in theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment