Saturday, May 26, 2012

Draft #2 is Done!




I finished this morning! Draft #2 of my novel is complete! After 272 days after starting draft #1 (or 143 days after finishing draft #1), I'm done with the second draft! This is how I felt right after typing out the final words of the epilogue:



 But wait! Now I have to work on draft #3!



Ah, yes, draft #3. I have a new scene in mind that I have to (most likely) insert in chapter 2. Invent a name for a religion. Refine and polish my writing. Build up the roles of a few characters. Give a better reason for why certain children have to regurgitate beautiful silver charms. And several other surgical performances to render my manuscript alluring enough to present to agents.




Can I possibly finish draft #3 and have my manuscript be query-ready by the end of summer? Along with conquering my evil mandatory calculus course, which I have to get a good grade in upon pain of death?


No comments:

Post a Comment