Sunday, July 14, 2013

New Blog Layout

I've been absent from this blog for quite a while, due to that terrible miscarriage of the intended agent representation of my middle-grade fantasy novel. I've been suffering writer's block for the past several months. I never knew it could feel so terrible. Never before in my life had I ever sat before a computer screen or a notebook for hours, and be at loss for producing anything.

But I'm back! Just last week, an idea for a New Adult novel came to me with full force. I'm astounded--after spending months floundering in frustration, I've spent a whole week feeling elated and writing notes to plan out this new novel. I've been fleshing out characters, their motivations, drawing on BDSM and fetishes and my experience of being tied up and suspended (yes, you read that right! Wow, a lot has happened since I last updated this blog) and am now in the middle of building the story world and incorporating steampunk elements.

This is hopefully my 4th novel I will be able to complete an entire draft of. For now, here is one image that alludes to what my novel is about.



Do you like my blog layout too? It's been dramatically altered to reflect the sensibilities of this new novel too. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time (I know that feel bro... XD) Also you're new book idea sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariadne! I'm just hoping to make it through and ultimately triumph.

      Delete