Thursday, March 6, 2014

"Darker Edge of Desire" Cover Reveal

My short story, "Devoured by Envy," was written over a year ago. I remember planning the story in December 2012, writing it in January 2013, and kept editing and revising it on my own until I submitted it to Mitzi Szereto, the editor, last spring. I heard back about a month later that I was to be included in the anthology. Oh gosh, I don't think I'll ever get tired of acceptance emails. Well, here's a timeline:

December 2012--planning story

January-March 2013-writing, editing, and submitting story (I had no beta readers for it...everything was all on my own)

April 2013--heard back from Mitzi about story being accepted into anthology (wootwoot!)

August 2013--signed author rights and release for Cleis Press

Now it's March 2014. Cover reveal!



Look at it, isn't it a beauty? My inner-middle-school-and-high-school-baby-bat is just screaming with sheer delight. October 2014, you can't come soon enough! I can't wait to get my hands on my contributor copy and feel the glossy smoothness of the cover and creamy pages with all the wonderful stories to be read. It is now available for pre-order on Amazon!

2 comments: