| Check out Sarah Prinea's fantasy middle-grade novel, Winterling! |
Age: 44
Website: www.sarah-prineas.com www.magicthief.com. And the Winterling book trailer is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxZZ2Yxfjc
Location: Not far from the Iowa River and the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa.
When I realized I wanted to be a published author: When I was living in Germany and had a new baby and was BORED--I started writing to have something to do and was immediately hooked. That was 11 years ago.
Five authors, five books. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdoch. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.
My inspiration comes from: the natural world, mostly. Also from reading fantasy that believes in itself.
A writer's best quality: persistence.
Last words: If you like magic, adventure, peril, dragons, wizards, biscuits, and bacon, then my Magic Thief series is for you. Its published in 21 languages around the world. I'm also the author of Winterling, which just came out.
One sentence story: The world fit her like a winter coat with a broken zipper, so she turned into a crow and flew away, cawing.
Thank you so much, Sarah! If anyone else is interested in being a writer of the week, please follow this link and read the instructions.

No comments:
Post a Comment