Due to the fact that I had two blog tour posts this week, I will not have a Writer of the Week tomorrow. But there will be another author coming up next week, so stay tuned for that (hint: he's written a middle grade sci-fi novel that involves time traveling!).
Novel writing is still going strong, though progress is currently slow due to the fact that finals week is coming up, and I'm freaking out over my chem final and how I'm going to balance that with my other finals, in addition to enrolling in classes and my summer plans and wanting to continue writing.
Over spring break a few weeks ago, I speed-typed through quite a few chapters. Currently, I am typing up draft #2 of Chapter 10 of my novel. This chapter is the diary entry of a supporting character, a dead queen who kept a diary when she was alive. As a university student who attends a ball at the castle, she captures the attention of a king, continuously rejects his love, and is ultimately pressured into marrying him. But the marriage doesn't turn out so pretty--there's forbidden love, the birth of a sickly child, paranoia, regression into mental illness, and ultimately death.
You are the star, you are the moon
You are the soil where shadows bloom
Casting a light which brings me peace
Where the caverns of death will freeze
In the meantime, I gotta get back to studying and writing papers. Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment