Friday, April 6, 2012

Writer of the Week #13: Valerie Zambito


Valerie's book, The Oath of the Mage, was published in March 2012.





Name:  Valerie Zambito

Age:  40’s

Website:  www.valeriezambito.com

When did you realize you wanted to be a published author?
I have always loved to write.  I think that is what most authors will tell you.  When did I realize I could create a series of fantasy novels?  After the first one was written *laughs*.  I simply love the genre of fantasy and the epic struggles and limitless magical forces.  Every fantasy tale is an undiscovered playground for the mind.       

Name five authors and five books
Jim Butcher, Furies of Calderon (my favorite author).  Now, I will give you some great indie authors:  Lindsay Buroker, Emperor’s Edge; Michael Sullivan (used to be indie), Theft of Swords; Daniel Arenson, Blood of Requiem; David Dalglish, Night of Wolves.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
Everything, everywhere, all the time.  

What do you think is the best quality a writer can have?
An overactive imagination first!  You have to be able to world build and create interesting characters and plot lines.  But, also persistence and a sense of humor.  You will see a vein of humor throughout the dialogue in my novels.  I love an unexpected laugh in the middle of battle.  Priceless if done well.     

Any last words?
Love what you do.  In your work, hobbies, and in life.  Love what you do.  It makes the journey so much more enjoyable.


Challenge!  Write a one sentence story
There is a lesson in every failure, and every lesson would make him a better man, a better Mage. - Thoughts of Beck Atlan in Island Shifters - An Oath of the Mage




Thank you so much for your response, Valerie! If anyone else would like to be a writer of the week, please follow the instructions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment