You may or may not remember the preview post I wrote of the carousel shoot I did with photographer Emily Nguyen and makeup artist Terry Alabata back in January.
I got the photos a couple of weeks ago (Emily is such a busy-bee! In addition to being a college student, she's also a professional photographer who is commissioned a LOT for weddings and portraits, so kudos to her for working so hard!), and I'm so happy with them! Aren't they gorgeous? They go well with my blog background (for those you who have followed me way back when I was in high school, it was my AP Concentration #10), so I just had to revamp my blog design. It used to be predominantly black and red, but now it's all very feminine and dream-like, with lots of lavenders and pinks. I figured if I wanted to be more kid-friendly, especially since I'm in the process of editing my middle-grade novel, I might as well have my blog look more kid-friendly. That wasn't my original intentions with the photos, but they just turned out that way, hehe! And I'm so happy with the photos! I can't get over how talented of a photographer and retoucher Emily is!
The location is Zeum Carousel by the Yerba Buena Gardens in San Francisco. I just LOVE carousels for their symbolism of childhood and dreams and magic. The operator who was in charge of the carousel while we were there was so nice to let us just go around and shoot on the carousel. Also, it was a weekday, so people were off at work, kids were at school, so it was a nice time to have a shoot at the carousel!
Hope the photos make up for a non-literary and non-novel-updating blog post! :D








No comments:
Post a Comment