Friday, August 17, 2012

Writer of the Week #21: Leah Clifford

Read Leah's latest novel in her trilogy, A Touch Morbid!


Name: Leah Clifford

Age: 31

Website: http://www.leahclifford.com/ though you're more likely to find me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/LeahClifford) or Tumblr (http://leahclifford.tumblr.com/)

Location: Ohio currently

When did you realize you wanted to be a published author?
It sounds cliche, but I knew I wanted to be an author even before I learned to read. As soon as I realized that there were people who made the books I loved having read to me, I wanted to be one of the people that made them.

Name 5 authors and 5 books
Authors: Scott Tracey, Nova Ren Suma, Courtney Allison Moulton, JT Leroy, Nicole Krauss
Books: A History of Love, House of Leaves, A Walk in the Woods, White Cat, Delirium

Where do you get your inspiration from?
Sometimes it'll be a strange sentence that pops into my head. Other times I'll see a picture that will pique my interest. Always, it's something that gets me interested in finding out more. Why did that happen? Why did the character say that? Once I need to know that answers, I start the search for why. Sometimes they end up stories.

What do you think is the best quality a writer can have?
Time management, which I sadly lack

Any last words?
I include hidden movie references into all of my books.

Challenge: Write a one-sentence story!
Andrew Lawson tied his shoe, satisfaction glinting in his eyes as he ignored the bloodied ends of his laces.




Thank you so much for your answers, Leah!  If anyone is interested in being a writer of the week, please read the instructions here.





No comments:

Post a Comment