| Double Vision, due out this October, is the first of a middle grade adventure spy series! |
Name: F.T Bradley
Age: Old enough to remember the Walkman...
Website: www.ftbradley.com
Location: Biloxi, MS
When did you realize you wanted to be a published author?
Hmmm... It's hard to pinpoint exactly, but I think I got serious after my second child was born. I wrote short crime fiction for many years before trying my hand at novel-length fiction. DOUBLE VISION was my sixth novel-length manuscript...
Name 5 authors and 5 books Elmore Leonard's WHEN THE WOMEN COME OUT TO DANCE, Harlan Coben's SHELTER, Stephen King's 11/22/63, Anthony's Horowitz's STORMBREAKER, Anne Tyler's THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST
Where do you get your inspiration from? Reading books, watching movies, and laughing at the jokes my kids tell me--I love humor, and try to weave it into my books wherever I can. Historical trivia are great story starters for me, particularly because DOUBLE VISION revolves around the search for a dangerous artifact. I also get inspired by location--the first book is set in Paris, which has so many cinematic settings, it was hard to choose.
What do you think is the best quality a writer can have?
A willingness to learn. Writing is a craft, which means you're constantly honing your skills, so you really need to be open to suggestions to improve. That said, you also need to know when to ignore advice...
Any last words? (Fun facts, comments, something you'd like to share with the world, etc.)
Always bring a snack for the road :-)
Challenge: Write a one-sentence story!
For rent: three bedroom house, new carpet and paint, freshly tilled garden, 25-to-life lease length preferred.
Thank you so much for your answers, Leah! If anyone is interested in being a writer of the week, please read the instructions here.

No comments:
Post a Comment